Understanding Financial Considerations In Your High-Asset Divorce
No matter your level of personal and financial success, sorting out all the key issues and legal considerations in your divorce can be overwhelming without the help of an experienced divorce lawyer. Attorney Stephan E. Uslan has the financial knowledge and ability to effectively systematize your complex property issues meaningfully. He will take the time to fully assess your financial situation and work toward protecting your financial stability.
Providing Legal Counsel To Safeguard Your Future Financial Stability
At The Law Office of Stephan E. Uslan, the full spectrum of your professional circumstances is included in your legal counsel. The firm is dedicated to thorough preparation and developing the most favorable resolution of your high net asset divorce through negotiations, mediation or trial when necessary. Steve provides legal services that include, but are not limited to:
- Fully analyzing all of your holdings — Accurate valuations are critical for your real estate, business interests, professional practices, pensions, retirement accounts and other investments.
- Considering historical factors — A detailed analysis includes an accounting of how much was paid for the asset, what it is worth now in terms of emotional and actual cash value, of your assets, business interests or professional practice matters.
- Locating hidden assets — Proper research can reveal important assets or transactions that may be hidden.
- Determining fair and equitable divisions — Decisions about the division of property, assets and debts can have tax consequences that need to be addressed.
- Establishing alimony when appropriate — Helping you decide if spousal support or alimony is necessary and how much will be allocated.
Tax Considerations Are Often Overlooked
Many people do not realize that divorce has significant tax implications and may overlook essential changes in their tax status. This is especially true for high net asset couples. In fact, sometimes the wording of an order or settlement agreement can drastically impact your tax burdens.
If you’re struggling with tax considerations when getting divorced, it is important to seek professional guidance. With proper planning, you can take advantage of opportunities to reduce your tax obligations — both during divorce and long after.
We Are Ready To Meet Your Legal Needs
Divorce can be tough, but with an experienced attorney at your side the whole time, you can have the confidence you need to get on to the next chapter of your life. Call Stephan E. Uslan today at 720-773-6171 or complete the online form to schedule an appointment. The firm serves clients in the greater Denver metropolitan area.